We are no longer accepting new clubs for the 2017-18 academic year. We will begin reviewing new org applications for the 2018-19 academic year in mid-August, 2018. IF you submit an application, we will be in touch with you then to move forward for Fall, 2018.
Start an Application
Currently enrolled OSU students can log into the student organization database at https://apps.ideal-logic.com/osusli, using their ONID login credentials.
- From the Participant Home dashboard (look on the left), there is a “Start a New Club Application” option.
- Click on that to access and complete an application.
- Once completed and submitted, we will follow up with you to schedule an appointment to meet, begin working on your governing documents and discuss next steps.
As part of the process of becoming recognized, your organization will need to develop a governing document which outlines the structure, processes and governance of your organization. If you would like to begin crafting yours, take a look at the constitution guidelines for OSU student orgs.
The following are the questions you will be asked to respond to as part of the application.
- Potential Name of Org
- What unmet need would this organization fill on campus?
- Type of organization
Would this be a local chapter of a state, national or international organization or have any relationship with any organization outside of OSU?
If Yes, what organization?
Are you working with any advisors from there?
- If yes, their name?
- Are you working with any advisors from there?
- If Yes, what organization?
- Please describe some of the potential activities of the organization.
Do you anticipate engaging in any of the following activities?
- Working with minors (children under the age of 18)
- Food focused?
- Sport/Physical recreation?
- Film/movie/tv screening?
- Construction, building, or other types of creation?
- Do you own, or anticipate owning, any vehicles?
- In order to fulfill the intended purpose and activities of the organization, what key roles would be necessary?
- Who is eligible to be a member of the organization? (Organization must comply with OSU’s non-discrimination policy, which prohibits restrictive clauses based on age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status)
- Would this organization operate as not-for-profit?
- Have you identified at least 4 currently enrolled OSU students interested in being members of this organization
Will any members of the organization be employed or receive any form of compensation as a result of their student organization service or membership?
- If Yes, Please describe.
Do you anticipate or hope for the organization to have an on-going relationship with an OSU department or program?
- If Yes, What department?
Do you anticipate soliciting an OSU department or program for any of the following:
- On-going financial support
- Access to department equipment
- Access to dedicated space for the organization