Field Equipment Checkout Policies
- Students are required to be certified on field equipment (lighting, audio, NX5 cameras, DSLR cameras) before being granted checkout privileges.
- When a student checks out equipment, he or she is responsible for any damage and on-time check-in. All maintenance issues or damage must be reported to the Equipment Coordinator at check-out and check-in.
- All Orange Media Network equipment is to be used for OMN productions only, and may not be used for class projects or personal use.
- A student may not check out equipment for another student to use.
- Students may check out one camera and associated accessories per student at any given time.
- All equipment must be attended to at all times when used in public spaces. Gear cannot be left unattended for anything longer than a bathroom break.
- Any equipment checked out must be turned by 4:00pm the next business day. If equipment is checked out on Friday it is due by 4:00pm on the next business day.
If a student returns equipment late without prior approved arrangements, or leaves gear unattended The Three Strike Rule* applies as follows:
- First Strike: Loss of checkout privileges for two weeks.
- Second Strike: Loss of checkout privileges for two weeks, and referral to their student manager for write up
- Third Strike: Recommended termination from OMN
- Students are encouraged to plan ahead and consider their class schedules when checking out equipment. Gear will be available for check-out and check-in during posted hours, unless prior arrangements are made with the Facilities Coordinator.
(The severity of violations is subject to review of the OMN Director. Some violations may fast track a student to a third strike.
Sony NXCAM - HD Camera
Comes with battery, battery charger, condenser microphone, and lens cleaning kit. *User Manual available for check-out. Accessories include: card readers, camera rain covers, camera remotes, tripods, and headphones.
Canon Rebel 2Ti - Pictures/HD Video
Comes with battery, battery recharger, usb cable, and lens. *User manual available for check-out. Accessories include: card readers, lens cleaning kit, headphones, and tripods.
Microphones - Dynamic/Condensers
Microphones available: Shure SM58 (dynamic), Shure VP64AL (dynamic), Audio Technica Shotguns (condenser), and Audio Technica Lav mics (dynamic). Accessories include: KBVR mic flags, windscreens, boom poles, and mic clips.
Wireless Microphone Transmitter/Receiver
Works with all dynamic microphones available for check-out. Full wireless systems are available as well.
Choose between a ZOOM H1 or H4n. *Operation Manual available for check-out.
Lowel light kits include OMNI lights, reflector umbrellas, stands, and cables. Accessories available include: scrims, TOTA lights, and reflectors.
VariZoom Shoulder Brace
Shoulder brace for cameras available.
Steadicam for camera. Vest is optional.
Used with Merlin Steadicam.
Cables include right angle XLRs (mic cables) and regular XLRs.