As a student leader in Orange Media Network, you will be responsible for student-produced content and ensuring student staff members are held to the highest ethical, fiscal and professional standards and practices. You will recruit, lead and supervise student employees and volunteers while advancing Orange Media Network’s reputation for excellence in all media forms and as a welcoming, engaging and inclusive organization. You are responsible to set the tone of the department as a collaborative, supportive environment, and should celebrate and take pride in the success of others with the same enthusiasm as you take pride in your own accomplishment. As a leader, you should build others up through mentoring, coaching and supporting, while also managing and directing work.
- Act in a professional manner
- Be a leader to staff, producers, and volunteers
- Be a collaborator with fellow Orange Media Network leaders in the shared use of facilities, equipment and content to benefit all Orange Media Network publications
- Work to ensure that KBVR-TV’s work is consistent with Orange Media Network’s mission, vision and policies
- Take Journalism Foundations training with Journalism Coordinator
- Commitment to truth, ethics, and accuracy
- Meet university eligibility requirements
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentorship to staff and encourage learning, student participation, accountability and media excellence.
- Meet all deadlines.
- Assist with shoots for promotional videos, public service announcements, liners, house advertisements and other special graphic and video needs.
- Help Senior Creative Video Consultant create an average of at least three videos per week from Orange Media Network. These videos would be used on channel 26, YouTube, web site and social media,
Over the course of the year, some expected Creative Video projects include, but are not limited to:
:15 and :30 hype/promo videos to play on channel 26 and social media focusing on:
- The Baro (general) (fall)
- The Juice newsletter (summer, fall)
- Baro News Blasts (fall)
- KBVR-FM Play-by-Play (football and women’s basketball) (Fall, winter)
- DAMchic (each magazine release)
- Beavers Digest (each magazine release)
- Prism (each magazine release)
- KBVR-TV (Fall)
- Individual KBVR-TV shows (Fall)
- KBVR-FM (Fall)
- Individual shows on KBVR-FM (work with FM station manager to identify up to five shows to create videos for) (winter)
- Open Houses (summer, fall)
- Bring Your Kid to Work Day (winter, spring)
- Magazine Launch Parties (each term)
- We’re Hiring (for specific mediums and positions) (fall, winter, spring)
- :60- 1:20 Behind-The-Scenes of each medium (ongoing)
- Senior Spotlight (spring)
- Campaign: Best Of Beaver Nation –promo to encourage voting (winter, spring)
- Campaign: Housing Fair—promo to encourage attendance (winter)
- PSAs which may include: sexual assault awareness, bystander intervention, sober activities, wellbeing tips, student resources (food pantry, mind spa, emergency financial aid, etc.)
- The Baro (special editions—promoting cover stories)
- Funny/obscure national days of awareness (ongoing)
- :15 and :30 hype/promo videos to play on channel 26 and social media focusing on:
- Attend weekly staff meeting.
- Communicate daily with TV station manager, and adviser
- Lead at least one all-staff training per term.
- Assist with crew positions on shows as requested by Station Manager.
- Collaborate with outside organizations around campus and represent KBVR-TV and the Orange Media Network proudly and professionally while looking for opportunities to build audience and participation in the network.
- Participate in the NMC 409 open house the first Wednesday of every term
Additional responsibilities include:
- Participate in OMN Boot Camp beginning Sept. 6. You will begin planning, working, and training each day leading up to the start of the academic year.
- Work to create a legacy of assessment and constant improvement in the pursuit of quality and excellence
- Participate in weekly training with adviser and OMN staff to train, review the week’s strengths and areas for improvement, and most importantly, brainstorm
- Notify Adviser and the Director of Orange Media Network immediately should any ethical, legal, personnel or controversial problems occur
- Alert professional staff on issues with equipment.
- Hold regular office hours at Orange Media Network, at least half of these hours should be during regular business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday thru Friday). Hours may vary during different stages of the term
- Be as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own
- Check and respond to emails and phone calls immediately, professionally representing Orange Media Network
- Other duties as assigned by the adviser, director
- Think only the best, work only for the best and expect only the best
Pay Rate: 10 hours per week at $11/hr
Deadline to apply: 5 pm. Nov. 17, 2017