The Department of Student Leadership & Involvement supports students and student groups by providing opportunities for leadership development and campus community involvement.
We create meaningful and diverse opportunities for leadership development and involvement experiences that cultivate positive social change.
Student Leadership & Involvement provides opportunities for Oregon State University students to engage in shaping a better self and a better world.
Our Values & Commitments
- Concurrent with the mission of Oregon State University, we strive to contribute to society's intellectual, cultural, spiritual, and economic progress and well-being to the maximum possible extent.
- Our primary objective is to support the success of students.
- Development of individual identity, organizational effectiveness, and positive social change are intimately intertwined.
- Experiential learning is at the core of the co-curriculum.
- Involvement and leadership activities take many shapes and forms which honor the diversity of our university community.
- Community matters – success is defined by a whole and diverse community.
- Leadership is about doing something that matters.
- Leadership happens at all levels of an organization. Development of individual identity, organizational effectiveness, and positive social change are intimately intertwined.
- Positive social change is purpose driven, community based, and intensely personal.
Our Strategic Goals
Civic Engagement & Sustainability
Student Leadership and Involvement will provide engagement and experiential learning opportunities that will encourage students to explore issues of public (local and global) concern and understand their ability and agency to envision and create a better world. Through programming that fosters connections between academic learning, community, and place, students will develop as active citizens who are able to critically examine how their knowledge, skills, and abilities can contribute to fulfilling community needs and creating a more sustainable world.
Community Building, Involvement & Celebration
Student Leadership and Involvement will provide engagement and experiential learning opportunities that enhance the social well-being of Oregon State University by affirming and empowering students and student groups through the cultivation of skills needed to engage in and create a welcoming and affirming environment and space for all people. The community we envision will challenge each of us to perceive and engage with the world from a perspective broader than our individual experiences.
Global Perspectives & Multiculturalism
Student Leadership and Involvement will provide engagement and experiential learning opportunities to enhance student capacity to utilize knowledge, skills and personal interests to connect locally and to the world. Students will acquire knowledge and understanding of how local and global issues impact the human experience, an appreciation of and ability to learn and work with people from diverse backgrounds (including linguistic, cultural, ability and other differences), and skills to function productively in an interdependent world community.
Student Leadership and Involvement will provide engagement and experiential learning opportunities for students to provide deeper understanding of self, a greater capacity to engage group processes that serve others, and enhance collaborative and community-based skills that bring about change for the common good.
Director, Student Leadership & Involvement
email@example.com | 541.737.8849 | SEC 312
Associate Director, Student Leadership & Involvement
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541.737.2917 | SEC 307
Interim Building Manager, Student Experience Center
Office Specialist, Student Leadership & Involvement
email@example.com | 541.737.6339 | SEC 108N
Social Media & ePortfolios Coordinator
Director, Orange Media Network
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541.737.4615 | SEC 490
Manager, Craft Center
email@example.com | 541.737.6371 | SEC 02D
Assistant Director, Civic Engagement & Sustainability
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541.737.77673 | SEC 208
Advisor, Sustainability Initiative
email@example.com | 541.737.6938 | SEC 212
Program Coordinator, Clubs & Organizations
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541.737.0760 | SEC 108D
Program Coordinator, Clubs & Organizations
email@example.com | 541.737.1562 | SEC 108E
Program Coordinator, Program Council
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541.737.1369 | SEC 108J
Program Coordinator, Cultural Foods Program
email@example.com | 541.737.0763 | SEC 108F
Assistant Director, Leadership Development
firstname.lastname@example.org | 541.737.6385 | SEC 108G