Student Professional and Leadership Development Allocation
*** All available funding for the 2017 - 2018 academic year has been allocated, and applications are now closed. Applications for FY2018 will open up in the fall. Thank you! ***
The SLI SORCE Professional and Leadership Development Allocation Program is a resource available to individual OSU students interested in taking part in educational and leadership development opportunities related to leadership for social change. SORCE supports students in developing and advancing their self-awareness, understanding of their social and personal identities, and skills and capacity to lead for positive social change and creating more inclusive and affirming communities. The funds are to support students in their journey to put their values into action and contribute to creating a healthier and more caring and just world.
Please note that at this time, we are dispersing funds through a reimbursement process.
- Individual students only. Student organizations may receive funding through the SORCE Organization Development Allocation.
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits at the time of application and in good academic standing with Oregon State University.
Enrolled at Corvallis/Newport campus
- Proposals must align with SLI’s values, mission, and SLI’s definition of leadership.
- Funds may be used to cover registration fees, lodging, and travel.
- Fund request must be in advance of the actual activity
- Credit-bearing opportunities are not eligible for funding.
- Maximum allocation per person is $500.00.
|Travel Request Deadlines||Local Travel (within 10 miles)||
(within 300 miles)
|2 Weeks In Advance||✓|
|5 Weeks In Advance||✓|
|7 Weeks In Advance||✓|
A total of $10,000 has been allocated from the SORCE Activity Fund for this purpose for FY18. Approved per-diem costs for lodging can be found here. SORCE no longer funds meals during travel.
Endorsed and supported opportunities*:
- Northwest Student Leadership Conference: LINK
- Oregon Students of Color Conference: LINK
- Oregon Women in Higher Education: LINK
- NASPA Multicultural Institute: LINK
- IMPACT National Conference: LINK
- National Conference on Student Leadership: LINK
- Lead365: Explore, Engage, Evolve: LINK
- National Collegiate Leadership Conference: LINK
- Social Change Institute: LINK
- National Conference for College Women Student Leaders: LINK
- National Student Leadership Diversity Convention: LINK
- Creating Change: LINK
- Power of One (NAPSA Region V): LINK
- NASPA Western Regional Conference: LINK
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE): LINK
- Washington & Oregon Higher Education Sustainability Conference (WOHESC): LINK
- Institute for Leadership and Development (I-LEAD): LINK
- LeaderShape National Session: LINK
- Continuums of Service (Western Region of Campus Compact): LINK
- Oregon Network for Compassionate Communication Training: LINK
- SPROG: LINK
- PowerShift: LINK
- Bioneers: LINK
- Climate Leadership Conference: LINK
- Net Impact Conference: LINK
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE): LINK
- National Women’s Studies Association: LINK
*Please note this is an ever changing and evolving list. Students may petition to have additional opportunities added to list.
Petition for Inclusion of a New Professional and Leadership Development Opportunity
Interested in an opportunity that aligns with SLI’s mission and values and don’t see it here? File a petition to inform us on how the opportunity fits with this program. The SORCE coordinators will review and get back to you within 2 weeks with a decision (during fall, winter, and spring terms). Students can submit the petition information along with their funding application to be reviewed simultaneously by the SORCE allocation team, or please contact a SORCE coordinator in advance of submitting a formal request if you would like initial feedback on your idea (SORCE@oregonstate.edu). The questions you will see on the application regarding this part are the following:
- How does the opportunity align with SLI’s mission and provide unique, compelling leadership development for students?
- How does the opportunity align with all 5 of SLI’s values?
- Website of the opportunity