So you signed up for a CCE program...what next?
Here are some recommendations about essentials you should think about bringing with you:
- Water bottle
- Any medication you may need
- Hair tie if you have long hair
- A smile & positive attitude!
What should you wear?
Make sure to check your project's specified requirements, and think about these suggestion for a safe and comfortable program:
- Clothes that you feel comfortable in and which you feel positively represent yourself and the university
- Sturdy, closed toed shoes
- Sturdy pants (ex. jeans, work pants)
- Layers according to the weather (ex. t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, sweater, jacket, hat as needed)
- For outdoor projects: rain gear and clothing that can get muddy/wet
What shouldn't you wear?
We want our programs to be a great experience for everyone. Consider some of these suggestions to leave at home:
- Sandals, flip-flops, any shoe with a heel, closed toed shoes that aren’t sturdy (ex: cloth-based shoes)
- Accessories that could get caught on something
- Clothes that you don’t want to get dirty
- Clothes that may impact your ability to participate in manual labor
- Clothing with language or images that have the potential to offend members of the OSU/greater Corvallis community. Examples:Curse words/expletives, slurs, sexual references
- Images include drugs, weapons, nudity/sexual images or references
- Images or text that target/exploit cultures and/or identity groups