The OMN Account Executive (AE) is responsible for generating revenue for OMN and managing clients. Each AE must service all accounts within their territory, including but not limited to: (1) outreaching and prospecting leads to grow the business and bring in new clients; (2) designing and presenting sales pitches to business owners and corporate decision makers; (3) developing professional business relationships with those clients so the amount of advertising they purchase grows annually; (4) working to exceed sales goals; (5) creating brand awareness about OMN services within the community and (6) documenting all communications and deals in the CRM (customer relationship management) system.
As an AE, you will get real-world experience pitching product ideas, selling, managing client relationships and honing your soft skills.
We are looking for people who are passionate about building relationships, providing end-to-end customer service and learning how to sell.
- Sales experience is preferred but not required
- Positive attitude and willingness to overcome client objections
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Experience with giving and receiving feedback
- Able to remain professional and calm when working with difficult individuals
- Demonstrate customer service talent and attention to detail
- Is organized and reliable
- Is a strong writer, communicator and comfortable with public speaking
- Is experienced with giving and receiving feedback
- Is capable of leading and coaching others to be their best
- Must have working knowledge of standard PC programs, such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Meets university eligibility requirements, including but not limited to:
- Must be currently enrolled at Oregon State University for at least 6 academic credits
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Must remain in a good academic standing from the term prior to selection and during the entire period of employment
- Must complete a Motor Vehicle history check before employment
- Must attend and fully participate in OMN Boot Camp (Sept. 5-7, 2018; Sep. 10-12, 2018) and be available to work (Sep. 13-19, 2018) before school starts.
- Must attend and fully participate in ACP/CMA/CMBAM/CBI College Media Mega Workshop (July 12-15, 2018).
- Must participate in Welcome Week activities (Sept. 21-23, 2018)
- Fully participates in all OMN events, including but limited to the OMN Open House the first Wednesday of every term
- Meet weekly with adviser to go over feedback and areas for improvement; strategize for overcoming challenges.
- Ensure that you complete all OMN surveys, including but not limited to the Weekly and Term Assessments
- Hold and post 5 regular office hours each week at OMN during regular business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday thru Friday) and spend the remaining 5 hours each week meeting with current and prospective clients. Hours may vary during different stages of the term
- Act in a professional manner at all times
- Be an enthusiastic representative of OMN
- Be as enthusiastic about the success of others as they are about their own successes
- Be good stewards of OMN resources by ensuring that OMN equipment is only used for OMN work and following OMN policies and procedures
- Be an approachable leader within the OMN organization, capable of seeing things from the 5,000-foot level and representing the entire organization as needed
- Be accountable to your position descriptions and expectations, and publicly acknowledges and celebrate accomplishment and growth at all levels of the organization
- Work to create an inclusive culture of celebration and perseverance
- Think only the best, work only for the best and expect only the best
- Leave a legacy of accomplishment through an unwavering commitment to reflection, growth and serving the OSU community
- Consider audience needs in all content and production
- Grow audience engagement in accordance with goals set during BootCamp and in collaboration with other mediums
- Notify adviser and the Director of OMN immediately should any ethical, legal, personnel or controversial problems occur.
- Alert professional staff immediately on issues with equipment, and proactively collaborate with adviser on anticipating and resolving issues with student staff, productions, participants, guest and viewer issues
- Respond to emails and phone calls the same day, professionally representing OMN
- Work to ensure that sales content are current, relevant, and consistent with OMN’s mission, vision, and policies.
- Ensure all content strives to be representative of the myriad of experiences and identities of the OSU community through source selection, guest selection, topic selection, and image selection
- Complete all required training
- Set high standards in accordance to OMN policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively with other mediums to create a welcoming and inter-disciplinary environment
- Attend weekly AE meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the adviser and Director
Account Management Responsibilities
Strengthen and create lasting professional relationships with your clients:
- Be available for impromptu, in-person meetings/presentations with clients
- Generate new revenue by actively selling advertising, underwriting and other OMN services to current and new clients
- Contact all clients for special editions and sales at least two weeks before the deadline
- Timely responses and follow-ups with all clients within the business day, check email repeatedly throughout the day
- Manage the expectations of your clients and what they purchase from you
- Be the first contact if any problems arise with your client
- Update all client information in our Customer Relationship Management system
- Distribute advertising brochures/fliers to all clients on your route.
- Survey your route a minimum of twice per term to target new and changing businesses.
- Form new connections in the local/regional community.
- Review the history of your client’s relationship to OMN and do research to best determine their individual needs
- Gain your clients respect and trust
- Ensure that all ads bought by your clients last year are bought again this year
- Coordinate/schedule payment for all sold advertisements with the Administrative Program Specialist
- Work to meet and exceed quota
- Make final accuracy and quality checks on all client ads in The Daily Barometer, Beaver’s Digest, DAMchic, and all sponsorships and underwriting in advance of going to press or live on air or online, in accordance with deadlines.
- Accurately enter and maintain information in the CRM, BaseCamp and other systems to ensure your sold ads run and delete all cancelled ads
- Follow-up with all your clients to ensure their needs are being met: in-person/ phone/ email
- Review prospecting list with adviser each week.
- Maintain a call log and result of each call in HubSpot
- Strengthen and create lasting professional relationships with your clients:
- Coordinate scheduled ads with the Creative Team and the respective medium leaders
- Work with clients and Creative Services to meet all deadlines
- Work with the marketing and Creative Services team to develop pitch deck, sales collateral and sales proposals
- Be a collaborator with fellow Orange Media Network leaders in the shared use of facilities, equipment and content to benefit all Orange Media Network publications and mediums
Pay Rate: Monthly stipend plus commission