Student Professional and Leadership Development Allocation
The SLI SORCE Professional and Leadership Development Allocation Program is a resource available to individual OSU students interested in taking part in educational and leadership development opportunities related to leadership for social change. SORCE supports students in developing and advancing their self-awareness, understanding of their social and personal identities, and skills and capacity to lead for positive social change and creating more inclusive and affirming communities. The funds are to support students in their journey to put their values into action and contribute to creating a healthier and more caring and just world.
Please note that at this time, we are dispersing funds through a reimbursement process.
- Individual students only. Student organizations may receive funding through the SORCE Partnership Allocation.
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits at the time of application and in good academic standing with Oregon State University.
- Enrolled at Corvallis/Newport campus
- Proposals must align with SLI’s values, mission, and SLI’s definition of leadership.
- Funds may be used to cover registration fees, lodging, and travel.
- Fund request must be in advance of the actual activity.
- Credit-bearing opportunities are not eligible for funding.
- Maximum allocation per person is $400.00.
|Travel Request Deadlines||
Local or Regional Travel
(within 300 miles)
National or International Travel (more than 300 miles)
|3 Weeks* In Advance||✓|
|5 Weeks* In Advance||✓|
*Weeks are considered academic weeks 1 through 9. Dead week, finals week, and academic breaks are NOT included when counting the number of weeks prior to the first date of the activity.
A total of $10,000 has been allocated from the SORCE Activity Fund for this purpose for FY19. Approved per-diem costs for lodging can be found here. SORCE no longer funds meals during travel.
Endorsed and supported opportunities*:
*Please note this is an ever changing and evolving list. Students may petition to have additional opportunities added to list.
Petition for Inclusion of a New Professional and Leadership Development Opportunity
Interested in an opportunity that aligns with SLI’s mission and values and don’t see it here? File a petition to inform us on how the opportunity fits with this program. The SORCE coordinators will review and get back to you within 2 weeks with a decision (during fall, winter, and spring terms). Students can submit the petition information along with their funding application to be reviewed simultaneously by the SORCE allocation team, or please contact a SORCE coordinator in advance of submitting a formal request if you would like initial feedback on your idea (SORCE@oregonstate.edu). The questions you will see on the application regarding this part are the following:
- How does the opportunity align with SLI’s mission and provide unique, compelling leadership development for students?
- How does the opportunity align with all 5 of SLI’s values?
- Website of the opportunity