Recognized Student Organizations
This is a clearly defined access point for OSU Recognized Student Organizations and individual students to apply for resources to support opportunities for OSU students to participate in out of the classroom activities. This fund will primarily provide opportunity to utilize student fee dollars to host and participate in activities through five (5) designated allocation types:
|Partnership (Org. Travel Activities, Urgent need etc..)||$2,000|
Total Funding Limit (all categories combined) per recognized student organization per year is $7,000.
- Currently registered and in good standing with the University
- Completed Student Organization orientation and training
- In good standing with SORCE and the AABC
- Maintain a positive balance in an organization index/account supported by a University Business Center
Submit an activity & Apply Here!
To provide funding resources, development and support for activities on or within 10 miles of the OSU campus that are out of the classroom, student organization sponsored events and activities open to the broader student population for participation, including: cultural exchange and learning, identity and community development, social justice and civic engagement, health and well-being, etc.
Student Organizations annual allocation up to $7,000.
- Expected attendance for this category must be 50 or more.
- Activities must be open to participation by club and non-club members with non-club members making up a minimum of 25% attendees.
- Activities that include food service will be eligible for a total of $6.00 per estimated attendee for all cost associated with food and beverage service. Consideration should be made for recovery of all food/beverage cost for non-student participants when a catered meal is provided. The number of estimated participants must be clearly indicated on reservations and catering invoices.
- Activities must be held during weeks 1-10 of the academic term to ensure that students have access to participating.
- Four (4) tickets must be made available to SORCE for all ticketed events to allow SORCE representation at the activity.
- All activities must report student participation numbers.
- Activities with 100 or more estimated participants must utilize a student card swipe process for tracking student participation.
Organization Development Allocation
To provide funding for the purpose of activities on or within 10 miles of the OSU campus focused on the functionality and development of the student organization, including promotion, recruitment, leadership, training, member retention, celebration and development, operating supplies and leadership transition.
Student Organizations annual allocation up to $2,000.
- Funding for student organization activities held within 10 miles of the OSU Corvallis Campus primarily attended by organization membership (75% or higher member attendance) for org or student development, social activity or organization business for a period of 2 hours or greater . These funds can be used with associated expenses for this activity including but not limited to venue, refreshments, supplies, and promotion materials.
- Funding for student organization activities/meetings less than 2 hours - weekly or biweekly primarily attended by organization membership (75% or higher member attendance) for org or student development, social activity or organization business - is limited to receive allocation of funds for one meeting per term and is funded as a Student Organization Development activity. These funds can be used with any associated expenses for this activity, including refreshments, supplies, and promotion materials.
- Activities that provide opportunity for student organization members to informally network (not conferences or competitions) with regional leaders or resources pertinent to the development of the student members and/or the organization that occur within a 300 mile radius of Corvallis, can be considered for funding to support expenses related to travel (vehicle rental, gasoline, train, bus) and individual or organization activity registration fee, if applicable. Food cost limited to one meal per activity (single or multiple day) can also be funded. Overnight lodging and rental or purchase of equipment, for this type of activity is not fundable.
A partnership with SLI SORCE that provides an allocation of funds towards support of programming that addresses a timely critical issue, i.e. national or natural disaster; participation in a conference/competition requiring travel; a one-time fee associated with establishment of a student organization as a member organization of a regional, national or international organization; or a student organization budget deficit for fundable expenses due to unforeseen circumstance.
Student Organizations annual allocation up to $2,000.
Activity addressing a timely critical issue limited to $1,000 and if the activity is raising funds SORCE is limited to covering 50% of the total cost up to $1,000.
Organizations can receive up to $2,000 of the Partnership Allocation allotment for the purpose of participation at conference or competition annually, not to exceed $400 per student member. Individual members can participate in organization travel one time every two years. If they represented their organization in FY18, they will be eligible to travel again in FY20.
Organizations can receive up to $1,500 of the Partnership Allocation allotment towards budget deficit annually. Unforeseeable activity cost increase resulting in a funding shortage - no more than six (6) business weeks from the activity that caused the shortage and not past June 1 for Spring term activities.
Organizations are eligible to receive a one-time allocation of up to $500 towards a membership fee for establishment of an organization as an affiliate of a national or international organization.
Travel should not be for personal business or credited academic achievement.
SORCE travel allocations cannot exceed the University standards for allocation of travel cost, including using the high and low city cost allowance for motels.