Please use this form to sign up for the Civic Engagement Week Service Project with the Grace Center for Adult Day Services taking place on Wednesday, February 25th, 2015. The Center’s caring professional staff provide a therapeutic daytime program of physical, mental, and social activities as well as health monitoring and care management. They provide a nutritious lunch and morning beverages are provided. A warm, home-like environment allows participants to enjoy a variety of activities in a safe and comfortable setting.
Here are the details for this project:
- Check-in: Please arrive promptly at 1:00 pm at the CCE office in SEC 206.
- Time: Volunteers will be working from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm and return to campus around 3:40pm.
- Capacity: This project can accommodate up to 11 volunteers
- Refreshments: The CCE will provide light snacks. Please bring your own water bottle and water. Participants are encouraged to bring additional snacks.
- Description & Duties: Volunteers will have the option to assist center participants with a quilting activity or work in the center's garden. The volunteers will be visiting with participants during their snack time, engaging with participants or working in the garden to help pull weeds and clean out the chicken coop.
- Youth: Youth ages 12 and up are able to participate with parental supervision.
- Transportation: Participants will travel in a Motorpool van to the service site.
- Attire & Requirements: Please be sure to wear comfortable, closed toe shoes. Please be sure to dress for the weather.